100% Success Record. Call 909-890-2350 for free consultation
Following is the application procedure for the new and the renewing notaries in California:
1. Complete state required training and receive a certificate of completion.
2. Fill out California Notary Application which can be downloaded from the Secretary of State website.
3. Submit the following with your application:
a. A current photo ID.
b. Proof of Completion from the training class
c. Completed and signed application
d. A 2” x 2” color passport style photo
e. Live scan fingerprints (will be submitted directly by the live scan service provider)
f. $40.00 application fee (check or money order payable to Secretary of State, no cash)
4. Pass your notary exam. You will receive your exam results in approximately 15 days after taking the test.
5. Receive your commission packet from the state. The processing time can take from 6-10 weeks.
6. Obtain your notary seal and supplies.
7. File your bond with the county recorder’s office and take your oath within 30 days of the commission commencement date.
8. Begin performing notary duties. Once you receive your commission, you will serve for a term of 4 years.
A notary public has state-wide jurisdiction which means that s(he) can perform notarial acts anywhere in the state of California. The notary and the signer must be physically present in the state in order for the notarial act to take place. Please call attorney Antoniette Jauregui at 909-890-2350 for a free consultation.